Friday, December 12, 2008

Bread Machine Pizza Crust

Here is the bread machine pizza crust recipes I discovered on another website. It's been a HUGE hit in our home.

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon dry milk powder
2 1/4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon active dry yeast

DIRECTIONS
1) Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. With mine, it's wet ingredients on the bottom, top with dry ingredients and make the "well" for your yeast.

2)Select Dough cycle; press Start.

3) When finished, removed dough and place on a floured surface. I usually let it rise for another 5-10 minutes.

4.) Roll out and use with your favorite pizza toppings. I make one large pizza on my Papmered Chef Pizza Stone. You could probably get 2 smaller pizzas out of it. It also makes about 4 calzones.

5.) Bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes. That's what works for my Pizza Stone on a lower rack. I usually just keep an eye on it and pull it when it looks done.

No comments: